Italy is one of the main HC producing countries in Europe.
The main advantages to do HC exploration in Italy are:
- the presence of many small-medium size production gas fields but also the potentials for larger discoveries
- the presence of several E&P companies and their turnover
- the potential for storage and rehabilitation
- the favourable tax regime
- the known play types but possibility for upsides
- the possibilities to use new technologies to prove new play concepts
GEPlan has a large database of subsurface data related to previous exploration and production activities. We have helped several E&P companies in building solid portfolios of exploration blocks, in identifying prospects and we have supported them throughout the complex Italian administrative procedures. The success of our clients in the their E&P strategies are due to:
- our knowledge of the Italian market and Italian geology;
- the strong relationship with local authorities and the ministry;
- the experience of the legal and administrative Italian procedures.
Below an image showing the geographical distribution of wells in Italy onshore and offshore.